I wanted to do another update on how I’m getting on with my 29 by 29 list this last month:
Move into my own place- Complete!
- Adopt a cat – I’m thinking June/July after I’ve had laser eye surgery to avoid allergies
- Do a Super Sprint Triathlon - 400m swim, 20km bike, 2.5km run - Signed up for the short super sprint on the 12th May!
- Take part in running club events and volunteer to help when I can’t take part – I’ve signed up for two 5 miles events in April and June and thinking a 10km for July
- Do the Parkrun once a month and volunteer as a marshall
- January = 38:19
- February = 34:40
- March = 34:42
- Bake more bread – yet to start this
- Complete the CBT Journal for Dummies - Got delayed with the move and getting proper CBT therapist, but will pick up again
- Read more classic books as part of my 2013 reading challenge - i’m going to make sure I do this over the remainder of the year
- Stick to my budget and save for holidays and house things - this is more important than ever!
- Take a bike maintenance course – been looking for one, but no joy yet
- Join a WW meeting and work towards goal - I created my 3 month and 6 month plan so this has changed a bit
Blog – maybe a redesign- Complete!
- Plan budget friendly trips – Booked to go to Portugal this month, then it will be exploring locally
- Try acupuncture – this is going to depend on finances
- Keep working to create and maintain good mental health - Working on this and it has really become an important aspect of my life
- Join a coffee club - it’s one of my big weight loss rewards for the next few months
- Take part in the Masters galas and club championships
- February Gala – 2 Golds and 2 Silvers!
- Next one in June
- Work out savings plan for trip to Japan - this is on hold
- Catch up on Greys Anatomy (been watching Castle non stop)
- Get regular haircuts - Going well
- Move forward with my life and make new friends – making work friends
- Do my best at my new job - I am enough - Still think this is going well.
- Keep my commute healthy - Felt better this last week as the evenings are now lighter (worried about next winter though)
- Listen to Harry Potter audiobooks - Books one, two and three done
Get rid of stuff I no longer need when I move– Complete!
- Use the mantra ‘F**k It’ – trying to remember this
- Take up pilates or yoga – might have to get a dvd to do this one
- Create photo albums for all my trips
- Try two new recipes a month from my cook books - Now I’ve got my veg box coming each week I am making more of an effort to try new combinations, but would like to sit down and take the time to decide on some recipes.
Overall good progress this month. A few things are on hold due to finances, but not ruled out forever – who knew buying a house was so costly! Then other things have come a long like being told I have to wear glasses all the time – hence the laser eye surgery booking. This is not a bad thing though, I just need to prioritise and explore locally more. I’m happy, nervous and excited that I’ve signed up for a few events over the next couple of months. It gives me something to work towards and keep me focused. I’m really looking forward to heading over to Portugal to see Ingrid. I think the coming month is going to be a good one too!