I’ve been doing a lot of thinking over the last week or so. Things haven’t been going well with my aim to lose weight and I’ve been working out why.
In the end I sabotage myself. I over count the exercise I do and under count the calories I eat. I treat myself with food for feeling good or bad. I feel out of control.
In the end it all comes down to changing my lifestyle to an improved or udpated version, which is sustainable. I have to think about it like this as it is the whole thing I want to change, not just my relationship with food.
So I’m going back to basics and figuring out why I want to lose weight and change my lifestyle. What does it mean to me? What am I stopping myself doing? Getting to the bottom of this and keep reminding myself of it in times of struggle could help.
- to fit into old/new clothes
- to swim, run and bike better and faster
- to gain confidence and reduce insecurities
- to have the confidence to date and put myself out there
- to enjoy clothes shopping
- to get rid of weight anxiety
- to have a better relationship with food
- to compete in triathlons
- to save money
- to make new friends
- to beat my 2013 gala times
- to buy knee high boots
- to wear dresses to work
- to not hold my tummy in
- so my legs don’t rub together and make wearig tight comfortable
- to have more energy
- to relax/be able to relax
- to be more social and join in
- to consider myself healthy and to be considered healthy
- to be active for fun
- to not care what others think
That is in no way an exhastive list I am sure, but it is still a big list. There are so many advanatages to losing weight. But somehow I let the advantages of not losing weight keep me where I am.
It’s simple for me – I need to reduce how much I eat.
I’ve got the fitness. I’ve got the what I need eat. I’ve got all the tools I need. I just need to do it.
So why do I want to eat?
I think that question needs a whole post to its self!