Everyone will have a different experience with depression. It manifests itself in so many different ways it can be hard to know what is really depression or not. It’s confusing and frustrating.
Depression often lies, but at the same time I find it makes me face some hard truths that need to faced to move forward.
I wanted to share my experience. I find the more I talk about it the easier it becomes to be aware of it. It becomes less scary. It becomes easier to name and take action to feel different (I will not say better as it is not always better). I want to continue to share my experience to show it can happen to anyone and that there is no shame in speaking out.
This is my experience currently:
- Tired – ALL THE TIME!
- Food is my best friend and my worst enemy
- I feel like an impostor in most things I do
- Fear of people I know (not really of strangers)
- I cannot multi-task – everything take effort
- I feel abandoned and left out (shout about my independence)
- Procrastination is prominent, even though I know its unhelpful
- Therapy is hard, but beneficial
- It’s fucking annoying when people want to fix you
- You can still live a normal life on the outside