I admit it. I am totally lazy when it comes to food.
I hate preparing meals. I much prefer to heat something up or chuck it all on a baking tray and let it cook. I like things easy. I buy ready prepared salad, and even then struggle to open a can of tuna to put on top of in the morning for lunch. I bulk cook things so I ready meals for during the week.
The only thing I seem to take time to prepare is porridge, eggs, and coffee!
I have been thinking hard about this and how it affects my weight. Currently I buy food to eat when I want it, like sandwiches or pizza, which is a total waste of money! Also this means I am eating more calories than I need, so I’ve put on weight.
So I need to make it work for me.
I’m not going to change, because I don’t want to. I could say I don’t have the time or the skills, but really deep down I know I am not bothered by cooking and would much prefer someone else to cook for me. If I could afford it I would totally give one of those meal delivery services a go!
So I need to accept this and what comes with it.
- I only have so much freezer space and therefore can only have so many homemade ready meals. This then limits the types of meals and I need to accept that I have to repeat meals quite often.
- I also have to accept than pre-prepared vegetables are more expensive and I have to pay for the ease of it.
- Eggs are a girl’s best friend – quick, easy, and can be done in a variety of ways
- Cook from frozen foods are not quick, but are handy for putting on timer when going out for a work out – if I’m organised!
- Don’t turn down a dinner invitation to you parents – unless you absolutely can’t go, like my swimming gala on Saturday night, so they put me up a meal to take home J
- Repetition may be boring, but it’s easy and means I stick to my calorie need
This was a bit of a get it out of my head and written down so I can understand it myself better. My relationship with food is always one I struggle with and therefore making it work is something very important to me.