I am new to supplements. I have tried protein powder, but have never stuck to anything for long enough to see results. So when I was contacted about these supplements I was honest with them and willing to give them a go.
“Pro-10 Ultra Lean is a capsule based supplement aimed at supporting your diet by boosting your calorie expenditure as part of a controlled diet. Expertly blended thermo weight management tool, our Ultra Lean capsules contain ingredients that have been proven to help you lose weight.”
“Who is it for? Our high-quality Ultra Lean capsules are ideal for anyone looking for the following:
- Energy Source
- Weight Loss
- Cutting and Shredding
- Improved anti-oxidant levels”
Pro-10 Ultralean are bovine gelatin capsules containing weight-regulating herbal ingredients. I knew some of the ingredients, such as Guarana, green tea, and grapefruit extract, but others were less obvious. Such as gardenia cambogia, which is a tropical plant. Researching ingredients is not the easiest thing for a supplement newbie as there is a wealth of information. Therefore I chose to find out what each one was and decide for myself whether I liked the idea of putting it in my body.
- Garcinia Cambogia = a tropical species of Garcinia native to Indonesia with purported effects supporting weight loss, but no clinical evidence
- Citrius aurantium = a bitter orange tree used in supplements as an appetite suppressant, but linked to a number of serious side effects – a bit concerning!
- Gymnenma sytvestre = is an herb native to the tropical forests of southern and central India and Sri Lanka, which suppresses the sensation of sweet
- Taraxicum officinale = dandelion, used as a diuretic
- L-Tyrosine = is an amino acid protein
- Guarana = a climbing plant in the maple family, used as a stimulant
- Green Tea = caffeine and stimulant
- Epigallocatechin Gallate = potent antioxidant found in green tea with therapeutic applications
- Grapefruit extract = liquid derived from the seeds and pulp of grapefruit with antibacterial properties
- Coleus forskohlii = is a tropical perennial plant, used to strength heart muscles (when used in pickles)
- Copper glycerinate chelate = are organic forms of essential trace minerals – this one got confusing and concerning!
- Chromium picolinate = is a chemical compound sold as a nutritional supplement to prevent or treat chromium deficiency
- Chromium = chemical element
Based on the ingredients I have a couple of concerns about using this and putting it in my body. James at Pro-10 was kind enough to answer my questions and help put my mind at ease.
The directions for use say to take 2-3 capsules twice a day, but no more than 5 a day and for no more than 5 consecutive days. This was the hardest part for me. I kept forgetting to take them at lunchtimes while at work. However they were easy to take with water or tea and I didn’t notice any ill-effects from including them in my diet.
My first impressions from approximately two weeks of usage is that I have noticed more energy and alertness during the day. I find this really noticeable as I always experience a dip in energy levels at work in the afternoon, but this has been less impacting than previously and this is the only change I’ve made on top of healthier eating.
This in turn has led me to feel more energetic during exercising. I can’t say they have helped with weight regulation as I have put on weight in the two weeks. I know it’s an excuse but with new year and my birthday that is not surprising. However I did not expect to find a wonder pill to help me lose weight, but rather I wanted something to help keep my energy levels up for exercising after work, and so far I’ve found this does help.
I intend to carry on until I’ve finished the pack and will update this review then as well as there are no more birthdays or events for the rest of January, which means I can combine using them with a controlled nutritional diet routine. I am using My Fitness Pal for this aspect in line with my Project Lifestyle.
The cost for 200 capsules, which with my use of 10 a week, would last about a month. At a cost of £19.99 they work out at £0.10 per capsule. I was really interested to try these, but I am not sure I will carry on after my sample is up as that is a significant cost to add into my budget this year, and also my concerns over a couple of the ingredients, which I need to research further to come up with my own opinion.
I would like to thank James over at Pro-10 for getting in touch with me and sending me the Ultra Lean Fat Burners to try out.