2012 I am glad you are over.
This has been a rubbish year. There have been great things too, but the overall feeling has been of despair. Spending more time than anything feeling lost and alone. Fighting in my own head to work out what is real and what is not. There are time I wish I could change some of the things I did over the last year, but mainly I wish I could overcome the feelings of guilt and shame – working on this in 2013. Overall I’m ready for something new.
The start of the new year always feels like a fresh start. A time for a clean slate. I don’t set new years resolutions, but I have ideas about what I want the new year to bring. As I said earlier this week I like to spend time reflecting the year gone while being hopeful for the future. I have just spent some time looking through my blog and I wanted to share some of the important posts from 2012.
- I journeyed to Vancouver and Whistler for my 2 month career break!
- My many adventures in coffee Canada Style
- I turned 27 and visited my favourite coffee shop
- I went to Seattle and and enjoyed lots of coffee Seattle Style
- I fell in love with Pike Place Market
- On my return got my Ki Fit
- I took part in Foodie Penpals
- I started studying for an accountancy certificate
- I set myself some longer term SMART Goals
- I decided to buy a house!
- I beat my time on my second 3km Open Water Swim
- I thought about my weight a lot
- I got confirmation that I will own my House
- I joined my local running club
- I realised I had learnt a lot from blogging
- I submitted my application to become a Chartered Environmentalist
- Working on creating a Sustainabile Diet
- I took part in my first Park Run
- Found F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way
- Got signed off work
- I made bagels, sushi and pumpkin pie
- I bought a espresso machine!
- I realised I have learnt a lot from depression
- My house got delayed
- I got thinking about budgets and frugal living
- Christmas Cupcake Making!
- I set my self a Christmas goal
- Recognising Depression Eating
- Spent time reflecting
- Christmas trip to Edinburgh 🙂