I’ve been having a look at my motivations again this week. I have realised that they change more often than I thought so restating them every so often will help to focus myself again.
Weight wise I’ve been doing great – even with a wedding and break away!
- Last Weight: 224.2lbs (17th August)
- Current Weights: 220lbs (7th September)
- Lost 4.2lbs in 3 weeks 🙂
So how am motivating myself to keep going?
After doing quite a bit of reading about motivation I know I need to be specific to improve my quality of life. I also know I need a powerful emotional connection with my motivation and goals. A lot of my motivations are about increasing my confidence to do things out of my comfort zone.
- I want to be strong both mentality and physically.
- This one involves beating depression and getting of the medication when I’m ready.
- Also getting strength training in my fitness schedule.
- I want to go out with friends and on dates and not feel ashamed about my body.
- This is about getting more confident about being in social settings and feeling comfortable in my own skin at all times.
- I want to spend less money on crap food for binges and spend it trying new activities.
- I have made a list of things I would love to try but can’t because of cost.
- I’ve set up a spreadsheet for when I spend money on food I don’t need to to compare to what I could have spent the money on.
- I want to do a Triathlon and a Spartan Race.
- For the challenge.
- I want to have a healthy body fat percentage.
- This relates to the strong motivation.
- I want to be able to wear anything to work or out socially just because I feel like it, not because it fits.
- This also relates to confidence .
- I want to get into the ‘bid dogs’ lanes at swimming.
- This is a goal to aim for and I can compare my swim sets to those lanes to see how far I am away.
- I want to run with the main running group for longer runs.
- Again I can compare my progress to what they do to see how far I have come.
So those are things that are currently motivating me. They all relate to my longer term goals in some way and are all about making progress towards those goals. I am going to keep track of my motivations more regularly than I have been doing to make sure I still relate to them and if not update them with new ones that are current. These are more about getting me to go swimming, running or to the gym. I can remind myself of them and why I am working hard right now and that it’s worth it.
I’m worth it!