So for April I set myself 6 goals and after reading Laura’s post on 80/20 I decided to change my approach and get out of the all or nothing way of thinking and decided to make meeting 80% of my goals for the month deserved a reward.
I had a mixed month. Some goals I completed and exceeded, others I really struggled at.
- 10,000 Steps a Day – I hit 92% but did struggle on this one as the weather has not been walking friendly, especially when at work 🙁
- 100 Minutes of Activity a Day – 137% done!
- 120 Minutes of Vigorous Activity in the Month – 258% Even I am surprised by this one, I totally underestimated myself on this one 🙂
- 16 Swim Sessions – 106% done with one more swim than my goal
- 8 Exercise Classes – 162% done. My exercise class buddy had good shifts this month so we got lots in!
- 1000 Calorie Deficit a Day – 44% achieved. This is the one I struggled the most and where I am going to increase my focus for May.
Overall I got an average of 133% for all my goals 🙂
As you can see I did really well on some and then not so well on others. I am very happy with what I have achieved and am going up my game on the goals I didn’t so so well on in April in May.
I am feeling really good at the moment. I love setting goals and pushing myself to do the best I can, but I always lacked the flexibility, so the 80/20 rule is great for me. I stress less about it, but still work hard.
Because I completed 80% (well over) I am treating myself to a bottle of Caoruun Gin. I normally would not do a food/drink reward, but I have been wanting to get a bottle of this gin since I tried it in Scotland last year, so I have decided to order from Scotland 🙂