Following on my random post the other day I decided to look at my goals in more detail and make them SMART.
I also looked at whether they are short, medium or long term goals. I have 4 goals:
- Monthly Exercise Planner – Short Term
- Studying – Medium Term
- Lose weight – Long Term
- Swim 10 km- Long Term
- S – Steps, Activity, Exercise Session, Calorie Deficit per day
- M – All measured by my Ki Fit
- A – Makes me focus on taking one day at a time
- R – It is relevant to my everyday life through feelings and behaviours.
- T – Daily Focus with Monthly Averages to meet my goals
- S – CIMA Business and Accounting and IEMA Mentoring
- M – 5 Modules split into Study Chapters
- A – Organised study sessions to meet number of chapters
- R – Will increase my knowledge and expand my CV
- T – To complete by end of 2012 – 7 Weeks per Module
- S – Lose 60lbs to reach a weight of 175lbs
- M- Weekly Weigh-ins
- A – Yes, I have reached this weight before
- R – It will make me fitter and help with swimming and in turn my depression
- T – One pound a week = 60 weeks – 14th June 2013
Swim a 10km Open Water Event
- S – Swim a 10km open Water Event – New Fitness Challenge
- M – Distance in Weekly Swim Sessions/Open Water Swims
- A – Keep Swimming and Lose Weight
- R – I like to have a fitness challenge to work towards
- T – Before I’m 30 – either the summer of 2013 or the summer of 2014
I have also decided to make sure I reward myself for completing my goals. My monthly goals will continue with smaller rewards such as new clothes or gadgets. But I am setting myself big rewards for my medium and long term goals – HOLIDAYS!
- Study – A trip in Europe.
- Lose Weight – Japan!
- Swim a 10km Swim – A relaxing break somewhere hot!
I feel all my goals link together in some ways. The short term goals help take the focus off the longer term goals, but directly influence how I do with them. The studying makes sure I focus on something completely different to the fitness and weight. This is basically where I want to be in a years time. I am also not putting too much pressure on myself with regards to time, which will help me to not beat myself up if a week or month goes out of my control.
I am putting things back into my control. I can control what I eat. I can control what I do with my time, whether that is working out, studying on having me time. I can also control how flexible I am and what I let stress me out. I can decide what is worth my time.
I am feeling good. A little daunted now that it is in writing. A little scared as well. But determined. I want to achieve these goals. I believe the benefits outweigh the negatives.
These will be my adventures for the next year. This is where my blog will be going.