I found this on Shauna’s site and thought it was a great idea.
1. What did you do this year that you have never done before?
2011: Started blogging!
2. Did you keep your New Year Resolutions, and will you make more effort next year?
2011: I didn’t make any specific ones, but I have been aiming to try new things for me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
2011: My cousin.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
2011: An old school friend.
5. What countries did you visit?
2011: Italy, Spain, Tunisia
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked in this one?
7. What dates will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
2011: Getting help for myself.
9. What was you biggest failure?
2011: To not look after myself very well.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
2011: The Big D
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
2011: Savings – mainly for Canada
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about this year?
2011: Planning my trip to Canada
14. What songs will always remind you of this year?
2011: Snow Patrol – This is Not Everything You Are
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder?
b. Thinner or fatter?
c. Richer or poorer?
16. What do you wish you had done more of?
2011: Spent more time with friends.
17. What do you wish you had done less of?
2011: Wallow in self-pity.
18. How will you spend Christmas?
2011: As an only child with my parents. Will see other family members as well.
19. Did you fall in love this year?
20. What was your favourite TV program?
2011: Merlin and Frozen Planet
21. What was the best book you read?
2011: The Hunger Games
22. What was your favourite film this year?
23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
2011: Went shopping at Cabot Circus and went to see The Kings Speech
24. What kept you sane?
2011: Counselling and Swimming
25. Who did you miss?
2011: My friends from my last job. They made the office fun.
26. Who was the best new person you met?
2011: Steve my swimming coach.
Its been an eventful year looking back. I really did have some great times, and I want to try to focus on remembering them in the future. Sure there were some not so great times, but they do not make up as much of the year as I tend to think. Looking forward to the 2012!